Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Stop the Religious Right from Altering History! Support the Texas Freedom Network
* Extremists on the State Board of Education undermine science education, call evolution a lie and claim separation of church and state is a myth.
* They appoint unqualified political activists to help rewrite history and twist the curriculum in our children's classrooms to promote political agendas.
* They want public schools to censor authors, important historical figures and ideas that don’t fit into their own narrow worldview.
To prepare our kids for the 21st century, I insist that:
* Politicians stop dragging our children’s schools into the “culture wars”
* Decisions about what students learn are based on sound scholarship and the work of real experts in every subject
* Classroom teachers and professors in our state’s world-class colleges and universities – not politicians promoting personal agendas – guide the adoption of curriculum standards and textbooks
Our kids deserve better. Our future depends on it.
Sign the petition here.