This one is just too funny. The anti-tax, anti-Obama teabaggers who argue that any service involving the government is socialism are actually complaining that there weren't enough government services available for their anti-tax, anti-government rally in DC. How's that for irony. From thinkprogress:
Last weekend, tens of thousands of right-wing protesters invaded Washington, DC for the 912 March. Not only were they rallying against President Obama’s plans for health care reform, but more generally against “socialism,” government-run services, and too much taxation.
A large number of the tea party protesters relied on DC’s transit system to get around the city. The Washington Metropolitan Transit Authority (WMATA) reported that on Sept. 12, metrorail ridership was double compared to an average Saturday. The Washington metro, of course, is public transit — in other words, it’s run by big government. Nevertheless, Rep. Kevin Brady (R-TX) has written a letter to WMATA complaining that the service wasn’t good enough for the tea baggers.
In his letter, Brady also complained that overcrowding on the metro trains
“forced an 80-year-old woman and elderly veterans in wheelchairs to pay for cabs” — in other words, to rely on the non-government-run transportation system, which tea party protesters would presumably want to support.
As for Brady…John Cole points out that when a bill containing $150 million for emergency maintenance funding for the DC metro system came up this summer, Brady voted against it.
DailyKos made this list of all the socialism used by the teabaggers:
* Those tens of thousands of teabaggers used the facilities of the government-run National Park system.
* They left a significant amount of trash behind in garbage cans (mostly anti-socialism signs, of course) for the government-run sanitation department to dispose of.
* They arrived at the Tea Party on government-built and -maintained roads.
* They relied on government-funded police to provide security.
* Many of them are on government-provided social security and/or Medicare.
* And, most ironically, they used government-run public transportation to get around the city.
What a bunch of commies....