* Cheap Trick will release its first new album in many years on June 6. The CD will be called Rockford, and was produced by Steve Albini (Pixies, Nirvana, PJ Harvey) and Jack Douglas (Aerosmith, John Lennon) in Chicago. The band will be appearing on Late Night with Conan O'Brien to play its newest single, "Perfect Starnger."
* Pitchforkmedia has a brand new interview with Doug Martsch of Built To Spill. Doug talks about the new BTS album, and his love of guitar solos.
* Jessica Simpson is trying out a red hair look. Now that her equally talentless sister is going blonde and getting a nosejob, I guess Jess needed to make a change.
How do I get this guy's job?
* With radio adding fewer and fewer songs to rotation, record companies are looking for new ways to break songs. With hip hop, strip clubs have become the new way to create a buzz on a new song. The playlists are less restrictive, and the audience in the club pays a lot of attention.
* The rumors are rampant that little sister Ashlee Simpson got a nose job. Notice how no one discusses that she has an album out? Anyway, there are numerous pictures of her from some radio festival last weekend located here. Personally, I don't care about whether or not she got a nose job, I am usually looking elsewhere.