- Pink Floyd reject $150 million for US tour. Apparently the Floyd guys must have more money than they need since they can reject this one out-of-hand. There was supposedly a bit of tension between David Gilmour and Roger Waters backstage at Live 8.
- No more new music for Van Halen. Accoring to Sammy Hagar, it simply will not happen. He says the band tried a second record with Gary Cherrone, but ended it; then tried three times with David Lee Roth, it never happened; and the band spent three months w/ Hagar and they barely finished three songs. I'm okay with the band being over. Ihaven't liked them since '1984'.
- Where did the missing $8.8 billion go in Iraq? The US media has been shamefully silent on this major scandal involving the Bush Administration and Coalition Provisional Authority "losing" nearly $9 billion. Why isn't Paul Bremer being asked to testify? Why isn't he being indicted? Oh, that's right, because the Republican-dominated Congress refuses to investigate corruption in the GOP. Now we have to rely on UK media to do the job. Sad. The rampant corruption inside the Bush Administration is almost as shocking as the media's refusal to investigate the story.
- Gallery of blonde porn girl Tanya James with a sports motif.
- Jeb Bush endorses teaching of Christianity in Florida public schools. More pandering from the Bushes to the radical, right-winguts. Our American Taliban just cannot stand the fact the Constitution prohibits government sponsorship of religion, so they try to sneak it into curriculuum. This evangelical tyranny needs to be stopped by reasonable people of all faiths.
- Ugghh. Some pearls of wisdom from Nebraska's future governor, Tom Osborne. Dr. Tom says being governor would be a lot like being coach of the Huskers. I beg to differ. However, there is no one in the state that can beat him, so we will be forced to deal with Tom. You got two national championships, but that does not exempt you from being called out when you say stupid things.
- Karl Rove in Omaha tomorrow. Great. Dr. Evil will make his pre-prison tour stop in Nebraska to fundraise and speak on destroying Social Security. His speech is closed to the public, so obviously, there will be no real questions asked.
- Nice (though small) gallery of the gorgeous Cassidey Rae. Wow.
Post a Comment