Tuesdays Gone...Is a Shitty Song
- The Republican party has officially lost its mind! In attempting to deflect the international criticism levied against the US over its treatment of detainees at Guantanamo Bay Prison, Duncan Hunter (R-CA) the chairman of the House Armed Services Committee, said the following on CNN: "So the point is that the inmates in Guantánamo have never eaten better, they've never been treated better and they've never been more comfortable in their lives." Attention GOP!! Nobody thinks that prisoners should be treated to a Club Med-like environment. It's prison: a cell, a bed, an hour of rec time in the yard, and some interrogation. The reason the treatment of prisoners at Gitmo is an issue is because the US is holding people indefinitely without filing charges against them, pissing on their holy books, and using interrogation techniques that the military itself says are illegal. These folks are of no use to us now. They have been in custody for over 3 years. They know nothing. Send them to some federal prison in Idaho for all I care! Everytime an abuse is reported, the GOP goes into full psycho mode and begins making the silliest statements (like the one above). Let's stop allowing our enemies to get the best of us in the public relations world. Shut people like Duncan Hunter the hell up. He's not helping.
- Bob Mould announces European tour dates. Former Husker Du and Sugar frontman Bob Mould will be doing an international tour in support of his forthcoming album Body Of Song. Mould is returning to rock after a detour into electronica (a huge mistake) on his last record. Mould's touring band will feature Brendan Canty of Fugazi on drums.
- Christian Coalition calls for gay people to be "labeled." After all, the Coalition says, we put warning labels on cigarettes. If you are a member or supporter of this group, stop reading this blog! I don't want nazis among my readers.
- Conservative pundit and bow-tie wearing know-it-all Tucker Carlson "torn a new one" by Don Imus. MSNBC's newest entry into right-wing punditry dared mention Contessa Brewer on the Imus show, which caused Imus to go ballistic. Even though what Tucker did was really nothing, I applaud Imus for yelling at him anyway. To quote Imus, "The egg timer has already started on that guy's show." I guess it's too bad for Tucker that there are only 24 hours in a day otherwise he'd have a shot at Fox News.
- Flaming Lips, Spoon, Bloc Party, Rilo Kiley to be featured on the soundtrack to Wedding Crashers. The movie starts Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson. The Flaming Lips track, "Mr. Ambulance Driver", is the band's first new original song since 2002's Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots album.
- Gallery of brunette Faya. What the hell kind of name is Faya?
Post a Comment